Our Nursing Assistant Program
- Experience the passion of providing quality patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Perform personal care procedures including taking vital signs, transferring patients, and providing therapeutic treatments.
- Practice health care techniques in a clinical environment using effective patient communication.
- Prepared for state nursing assistant and direct care worker examinations.
- First Year Program - Training on CPR, OSHA, Career Guidance, and Direct Care Worker
- Second Year Program - Training on Licensed Nursing Assistant
- This program is for students committed to a career in direct patient care.
- Students must possess a Social Security Number with no criminal record.
- Students must obtain CPR/first aid certification, pass a drug test, and background check prior to completing clinicals.
Related Career Pathways
- Nursing Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Family and General Practitioner
- Health Services Administrator
- Home Health Aide
- Hospice Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Personal and Home Care Aide
- Physician Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
Awards and Recognitions
- 3rd Place - Home Health Aide Contest, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
- 1st Place - Outstanding HOSA Chapter, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
Dual Enrollment Program of Study College Credit Available
Through a Program of Study articulation agreement with Central Arizona College, students in the nursing assistant class are eligible to earn free college credit. The college defines entrance requirements which students must meet before the college will grant credit. Students are responsible for meeting those requirements and completing a separate college admission process.