Our Veterinary Assistant Program
- Experience the reward of saving and caring for animals.
- Manage an animal wellness clinic delivering quality veterinary services including examinations, assisting in surgeries, and developing x-rays.
- Work with animals such as dogs, cats, horses, and goats as part of a professional veterinary team.
- Prepared for immediate employment as a veterinary assistant and college veterinary technician education.
- Desire to work in the veterinary assistant area.
- Students must not be allergic to animals and be in moderate to good physical condition.
Related Career Pathways
- Animal Control Officer
- Laboratory Animal Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Animal Care Associate
- Kennel Assistant
- Fisheries and Wildlife Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Pet Groomer
- Kennel Owner
- Animal Scientist
- Wildlife Biologist
This program is designed to be completed in two years. Students successfully completing the two-year program will receive a certificate of completion.
Awards and Recognitions
- 1st Place, Outstanding CTE Program of the Year Award, Arizona ACTE Association
- Gold Medal, Medical Innovation Contest, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
- Gold Medal, Veterinary Assistant Contest, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
- Gold Medal, Clinical Specialty Contest, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
- Gold Medal, Outstanding HOSA Chapter, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2017
Dual Enrollment Program of Study College Credit Available
Through a dual enrollment agreement with Pima Community College's Veterinary Technician Program, students in the second year veterinary assistant class are eligible to earn free college credit. The college defines entrance requirements, which must be met before the college will grant college credit. Students are responsible for meeting those requirements and completing a separate college admission process.