Our Heavy Equipment Operations Program
- Introduction to the use of heavy equipment with the emphasis on safety, preventative maintenance, and grade stake interpretation.
- Shape the earth by operating bulldozers, scrapers, motor graders, and other construction and site preparation equipment in a variety of environments.
- Create proper grade by using hand levels, laser levels, and advanced GPS systems.
- Prepared for immediate employment, advanced certifications, and further education.
- The heavy equipment operations program is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain industry certification as well as OSHA 10-hour general industry and CPR instruction.
- Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing all requirements are met.
Heavy Equipment Operator Entry Level Salary Range
- Hourly: $15.85–$23.93
- Annual: $32,980–$49,770
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Related Career Pathways
- Backhoe Operator
- Civil Engineer
- Concrete Driver
- Crane Operator
- Excavator Operator
- Forklift Operator
- Front-End Loader Operator
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Safety Manager