Our Medical Records Technology Program
- Fuse the science of healthcare, computer technology, and administrative techniques to research and create solutions to the expanding needs of the healthcare field.
- Research and work through reality-based scenarios such as emergency disaster preparedness, analyzing autopsy data, and tracking the spread of infectious disease.
- Collect, analyze, use, and share information to improve the health of patients and the practice of medicine in a wide variety of healthcare environments.
- Prepared for state certification, immediate employment, and further education.
- Desire to work in the healthcare field.
- Students should have an interest in providing patient care.
- Steady physical activity is required and may consist of sitting, standing, walking, and assisting in moving equipment.
Related Career Specialties
- Medical Records Specialist
- Health Information Management Technician
- Medical Admitting Clerk
- Health Aide
- Billing Specialist
- Medical Coder
- Claims Specialist
- Financial Services Representative
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Office Manager
- Certified Public Accountant
- Information Technology Director
This program is designed to be completed in two years. CAVIT will award a certificate of completion to students successfully completing the two year program.