Our Patient Care Program
- Experience the joy and fulfillment of helping others by providing direct patient care in hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Monitor heart rhythms, draw blood, and collect specimens using the latest medical techniques.
- Work alongside and support medical professionals in a variety of simulated and actual clinical settings.
- Prepared for national certification, immediate employment, and further education.
The Patient Care is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain certified phlebotomy technician national certification, as well as, OSHA 10-hour healthcare and CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit if you meet all requirements.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Laboratory Reporting/Safety
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Phlebotomy Procedure
- Processing Procedures
- Properties of Bllod
- Specimen Collection
- Quality Assurance and Control
Certified Phlebotomy Technician Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.03–$16.58
- Annual: $25,020–$34,480
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Related Career Pathways
- Blood Donor Scheduler
- EKG Technician
- Hemodialysis Technician*
- Medical Courier
- Patient Care Technician
- Registered Nurse*
- Surgical Technologist*
*with additional education in this field.