Quality Program Standards
To insure that CAVIT students receive high quality instruction in order to prepare them for employment and/or further education after graduating, CAVIT requires each of its Career and Technology Education (CTE) programs to meet quality standards. Each teacher in CAVIT's eight satellites documents success in four major areas: Curriculum and Instruction; Program Support; Workplace Readiness; and Teaching Staff.
New CTE programs are given two years to meet the first level of success, “Emerging Programs.” Existing CTE programs must meet the High Quality Program standards in order to receive CAVIT funding. In addition to this standard, CAVIT awards “Excellent Program” recognition to those teachers who exceed the standards of a High Quality Program.
Both the High Quality and Excellent Program designation guarantees that students will have the opportunity to experience an education that prepares them to be contributing members of the area’s workforce.
Quality Programs Notebook Updates
- October 1, 2018 - Submission deadline of FY19 Quality Program Participation Form via email to Mike Glover (for all satellite and central campus teachers).
- December 1, 2018 - Deadline for conducting Excellent Level 3.2 project.
- December 1, 2018 - Deadline for evaluators and students to complete Excellent Level 3.2 project surveys.
- April 1-19, 2019 - Distribution of student satisfaction surveys.
- June 28, 2019 - Portfolio submission deadline to CTE Director.