Our Cosmetology Program
Did you know that the average cosmetology school costs $18,000–$25,000 in tuition? The CAVIT Cosmetology program continues to be one of the best investments a student in Pinal County can make in his or her future. CAVIT offers the 1,000 Hairstyling program to first year students that concentrates on hair and color services. Students successfully completing the 1,000 hour program will be eligible to take the licensed hairstyling exam given by the state of Arizona.
- Experience and manage a professional full-service interactive salon and spa environment.
- Express individual creativity by providing a wide range of hair and color services.
- Work with professional cosmetologists using advanced techniques in preparation for state licensure.
- Prepared for state licensing cosmetology exam and further education.
2020–2021 Entrance Requirements
- Must have obtained ten high school credits.
- Must have successfully completed two years of English.
- Display a good attendance record.
- Must possess a Social Security card.
- Must be 16 years of age by July 17, 2020.
- No criminal record.
Awards and Recognitions
- Silver - Community Service Contest, 2019 SkillsUSA State Conference
- Silver - Outstanding SkillsUSA Contest, 2019 SkillsUSA State Conference
Related Career Specialties
- Cosmetology School Director
- Hairstylist and Cosmetologist
- Nail Technician
- Professional Makeup Artist
- Salon Owner
- Skin Care Specialist
- Spa Owner
After successfully completing the CAVIT Cosmetology program, students may pursue an associates of applied science (AAS) degree in cosmetology with Eastern Arizona College (EAC). Students who have obtained their AZ Board of Cosmetology license may receive up to 44 college credits towards their AAS in cosmetology (at no cost) after completing at least 16 college credits with EAC.