Our Cosmetology Program
Did you know that the average cosmetology school costs $18,000–$25,000 in tuition? The CAVIT Cosmetology program continues to be one of the best investments a student in Pinal County can make in his or her future. CAVIT offers the 1,000 Hairstyling program to first year students that concentrates on hair and color services. Students successfully completing the 1,000 hour program will be eligible to take the licensed hairstyling exam given by the state of Arizona.
- Experience and manage a professional full-service interactive salon and spa environment.
- Express individual creativity by providing a wide range of hair and color services.
- Work with professional cosmetologists using advanced techniques in preparation for state licensure.
- Prepared for state licensing cosmetology exam and further education.
2021–2022 Entrance Requirements
- Must have obtained ten high school credits.
- Must have successfully completed two years of English.
- Display a good attendance record.
- No criminal record.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Basic Chemistry
- Chemical Texture
- Clinic Work
- Hair Coloring
- Hair Cutting
- Hair Design
- Hair Shows
- Infection Control
- Properties of Hair and Scalp
- Skin Care
- Shampooing and Conditioner
Hairstylist Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.25–$17.58
- Annual: $25,480–$36,570
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Awards and Recognitions
- Silver - Community Service Contest, 2019 SkillsUSA State Conference
- Silver - Outstanding SkillsUSA Contest, 2019 SkillsUSA State Conference
Related Career Pathways
- Artistic Director*
- Blow Dry Bar Specialist
- Color Specialist
- Product Designer*
- Retail Educator*
- Salon Owner*
- Skin Care Specialist*
- Skin Care Specialist
- Special Effects/Makeup Artist*
*with additional education in this field.