Our Dental Science Program
- Provide high quality patient care as an important part of the operatory team in a modern dental environment.
- Perform a wide range of dental office operations including x-rays, chair side assistance, instrument transfer, and preparation of teeth impressions.
- Work alongside a dental professional to ensure patients receive outstanding treatment.
- Prepared for dental assistant examination and advanced training.
The dental science program is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain two Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) industry certifications, as well as, OSHA 10-Hour Healthcare and CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing all requirements are met.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Clinic Work
- Dental Instruments
- Dental Office Procedures
- Dental Terminology
- Legal/Ethical Issue
- Patient Records
- Preventative Dentistry
- Operatory Preparation
- Sterilization Techniques
Dental Assistant Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $13.44–$20.38
- Annual: $27,950–$42,390
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Awards and Recognitions
- 4th Place-Dental Terminology Contest, International HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-Dental Terminology Contest-Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Silver-Dental Terminology Contest-Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze-Dental Science Contest-Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
Related Career Pathways
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist*
- General Dentistry*
- Oral Surgeon*
- Orthdontic Assistant
*with additional education in this field.