Our Medical Science Program
- Be a driving force on a professional healthcare team delivering high quality patient care.
- Experience and manage a medical clinic that offers wellness screening services to the community.
- Perform medical office operations and deliver vital care services including blood draws and injections as well as assist in minor office surgeries.
- Prepared for immediate employment as a medical assistant and further college medical assistant education.
The medical science program is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain registered medical assistant (RMA) industry certification, as well as, OSHA 10-hour healthcare and CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing all requirements are met.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Body Measurements
- Electronic Medical Records
- Front Office Skills
- Clinic Operations
- Infection Control
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Special Populations
- Vital Signs
Medical Assistant Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.87–$16.35
- Annual: $26,760–$34,000
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Awards and Recognitions
- 6th Place-Extemporaneous Writing, International HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-Extemporaneous Writing, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-HS Medical Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Gold-PA Medical Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze-Medical Reading, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
Related Career Pathways
- EKG Technician
- Lab Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Manager*
- Medical Research Specialist*
- Nuclear Technician*
- Physician Assistant*
*with additional education in this field.