Our Nursing Science Program
- Experience the passion of providing quality patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Perform personal care procedures including taking vital signs, transferring patients, and providing therapeutic treatments.
- Practice health care techniques in a clinical environment using effective patient communication.
- Prepared for state nursing assistant and direct care worker examinations.
The nursing science program is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain licensed nursing assistant (LNA) industry certification, along with, OSHA 10-hour healthcare and CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing all requirements are met.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Body Mechanics
- Emergency Care
- Law and Ethics
- Medical Terminology
- Off-Site Clinical Experience
- Patient Communication
- Personal Care and Grooming
- Safety Measures
- Standards Precautions
- Vital Signs
Nursing Assistant Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.54–$15.47
- Annual: $26,080–$32,100
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Related Career Pathways
- Certified or Licensed Nursing Assistant
- Dietary Aide
- Dialysis Technician*
- Medical Office Manager*
- Medical Research Specialist*
- Nurse Practitioner*
- Patient Transporter
- Registered Nurse*
*with additional education in this field.