Our Physical Therapy Program
- Use sports-specific training, injury recognition, and physical therapy to prepare and rehabilitate the physically active.
- Diagnose, prevent, and rehabilitate injuries by using advanced techniques while consulting and interacting with medical professionals.
- Work with certified athletics trainers as well as fitness and healthcare professionals to assist with injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Prepared for state licensure, immediate employment, and further education.
The physical therapy program is two years in length. Student have the opportunity to obtain certified physical therapy aide industry licensure, as well as, OSHA 10-Hour and CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing all requirements are met.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Control and Safety
- Joint Movements
- Law and Ethics
- Legal Issues
- Medical Records
- Medical Terminology
- Patient Communication
- Proper Mechanics and Gait
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Specialty Therapy
Physical Therapy Aide Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.70–$17.34
- Annual: $26,410–$36,260
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment & Wages
Related Career Pathways
- Athletics Trainer*
- Chiropractor Assistant*
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer*
- Personal Trainer*
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist*
- Rehabilitation Specialist*
- Wellness Consultant*
*with additional education in this field.