Our Veterinary Science Program
- Experience the reward of saving and caring for animals.
- Manage an animal wellness clinic delivering quality veterinary services including examinations, assisting in surgeries, and developing x-rays.
- Work with animals such as dogs, cats, horses, and goats as part of a professional veterinary team.
- Prepared for immediate employment as a veterinary assistant and college veterinary technician education.
The veterinary science program is two years in length. Students have the opportunity to obtain Approved Veterinary Assistant (AVA) industry certification, along with, OSHA 1-Hour Healthcare and Pet CPR instruction.
Students successfully completing the program have the opportunity to earn free dual enrollment college credit providing you have met all requirements.
Listing of Instructional Topics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Animal Hospital Procedures
- Breed Identification
- Clinic Work Experience
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Exotic/Small/Large Animal Care
- Front Office Procedures
- Law & Ethics
- Medical Records
- Medical Terminology
- Surgical Preparation
Veterinary Assistant Entry Level Salary Range*
- Hourly: $12.90–$16.71
*Source - Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment and Wages
Awards and Recognitions
- Silver - Veterinary Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze - Veterinary Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
Related Career Pathways
- Animal Control Officer
- Animal Breeder
- Certified Veterinary Assistant
- Farm Manager
- Pet Groomer
- Research Scientist
- Wildlife Biologist
*with additional education in this field.