Our Veterinary Assistant Program
- Experience the reward of saving and caring for animals.
- Manage an animal wellness clinic delivering quality veterinary services including examinations, assisting in surgeries, and developing x-rays.
- Work with animals such as dogs, cats, horses, and goats as part of a professional veterinary team.
- Prepared for immediate employment as a veterinary assistant and college veterinary technician education.
- Desire to work in the veterinary assistant area.
- Students must not be allergic to animals and be in moderate to good physical condition.
Related Career Pathways
- Animal Control Officer
- Laboratory Animal Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Animal Care Associate
- Kennel Assistant
- Fisheries and Wildlife Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Pet Groomer
- Kennel Owner
- Animal Scientist
- Wildlife Biologist
This program is designed to be completed in two years. Students successfully completing the two-year program will receive a certificate of completion.
Awards and Recognitions
- Silver - Veterinary Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019
- Bronze - Veterinary Assistant, Arizona HOSA Conference, 2019