National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
NTHS believes in CTE students, the heartbeat of today's workforce! NTHS celebrates the accomplishments of today's career and technical education students, empowering them to know the value and impact of their career paths and trades. NTHS honors outstanding student achievement, provides scholarships, and promotes career development opportunities.
CAVIT NTHS Membership Criteria for Second Year Students
- An "A" grade in both fundamentals and skills grade book for fall 2021 and spring 2022 for second year students.
- To remain in good standing in CAVIT's NTHS chapter and receive all membership privileges and associated recognition, advanced students must maintain an "A" grade in both fundamentals and skills grade book for the fall 2022 semester and March 2023 3rd quarter reporting periods.
- Less than three unexcused absences each semester of CAVIT attendance.
- Experience serving in CAVIT leadership activities.
- Participation in HOSA and SkillsUSA local, regional, and state activities.
What Members Receive
As a CAVIT NTHS member, students will receive a professional portfolio containing their membership certificate and card to showcase their membership. In addition, participating students will receive an official NTHS diploma seal, graduation tassel, lapel pin, and window decal to display their NTHS affiliation.
Awards and Recognitions
- CAVIT has earned the NTHS Silver Star of Excellence award in 2016, 2017, and 2020 for excellence in our community service projects.